Jump to navigation Jump to search
cylinder (plural cylinders)
- (geometry) A surface created by projecting a closed two-dimensional curve along an axis intersecting the plane of the curve.
- When the two-dimensional curve is a circle, the cylinder is called a circular cylinder. When the axis is perpendicular to the plane of the curve, the cylinder is called a right cylinder. In non-mathematical usage, both right and circular are usually implied.
- (geometry) A solid figure bounded by a cylinder and two parallel planes intersecting the cylinder.
- Any object in the form of a circular cylinder.
- A cylindrical cavity or chamber in a mechanism, such as the counterpart to a piston found in a piston-driven engine.
- (automotive) The space in which a piston travels inside a reciprocating engine or pump.
- A container in the form of a cylinder with rounded ends for storing pressurized gas; a gas cylinder.
- An early form of phonograph recording, made on a wax cylinder.
- The part of a revolver that contains chambers for the cartridges.
- (computing) The corresponding tracks on a vertical arrangement of disks in a disk drive considered as a unit of data capacity.
- axis cylinder
- cylinder function
- cylinder glass
- cylinder head
- cylinder mower
- fire on all cylinders
- graduated cylinder
- master cylinder
- measuring cylinder
- Nessler cylinder
- O'Neill cylinder
- opposed cylinder
- opposed piston opposed cylinder
- oxygen cylinder
- relay cylinder
- renal cylinder
- reversing cylinder
- roasting cylinder
- slave cylinder
- Tipler cylinder
- twisted cylinder
any cylindrical object
cavity or chamber
the space in which a piston travels
part of a revolver which contains chambers for rounds
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Declension of cylinder
- cylinder on the Danish Wikipedia.Wikipedia da
- Cylinder (geometri) on the Danish Wikipedia.Wikipedia da
- Cylinder (fluidmekanik) on the Danish Wikipedia.Wikipedia da
- Cylinder (motordel) on the Danish Wikipedia.Wikipedia da
cylinder m inan (diminutive cylinderek)
- top hat, high hat, cylinder hat, topper
- (geometry) cylinder (any object in the form of a circular cylinder)
- Synonym: walec
- (automotive) cylinder (space in which a piston travels inside a reciprocating engine or pump)
Declension of cylinder
- cylinder in Wielki słownik języka polskiego, Instytut Języka Polskiego PAN
- cylinder in Polish dictionaries at PWN
|Declension of cylinder|