trommel (plural trommels)
- (mining) A revolving buddle or sieve for separating, or sizing, ores.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Raymond to this entry?)
- A rotating drum for sorting items, such as waste for recycling.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Hyphenation: trom‧mel
- (music) drum, a type of percussion instrument
- (technology) drum, various, often cylindrically shaped objects or components
- cylinder (of a revolver)
- a box to hold cookies in