Jump to navigation Jump to search
oscillator (plural oscillators)
- A tuned electronic circuit used to generate a continuous output waveform.
- An instrument for measuring rigidity by the torsional oscillations of a weighted wire.
- (cellular automata) A pattern that returns to its original state, in the same orientation and position, after a finite number of generations.
- 2010, Andrew Adamatzky, Game of Life Cellular Automata, page 126:
- Synthesis of spaceship flotillas is even more complicated than synthesis of oscillators, since spaceships are like oscillators that move […]
- (cellular automata): pentadecathlon
an electronic circuit used to generate a continuous output waveform