Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Indicates disapproval, disregard, disdain, disgust or disbelief.
- Aerodynamics, my foot! The thing drives like a billboard.
- 1988, Dahl, Roald, Matilda:
- "He's clever at his business," Matilda said.
"Clever my foot!" the Trunchbull shouted.
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see my, foot.
- Often used as a minced oath of my ass.
- (idiom): bah, harumph, pshaw, my arse, my ass, my eyeball, my neck, my rear, nothing; see also Thesaurus:bullshit