Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (archaic) Unspeakable, appalling.
- 1684, Increase Mather, An Essay for the Recording of Illustrious Providences:
- Also the Daemon belched forth most horrid and nefandous Blasphemies, exalting himself above the most High.
- 1999, Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon:
- some combination of scrapie, long-term climatic change, nefandous conduct by jealous Outer Qwghlmians, and a worldwide shift in fashion away from funny-smelling thirty-pound sweaters with small arthropods living in them had driven them all into honest poverty and then not-so-honest poverty and led to their forcible transportation to Australia.