Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Irrespective of, regardless of, in spite of.
2011 December 15, Marc Higginson, “Shamrock Rovers 0-4 Tottenham”, in BBC Sport:
- The result in Greece meant Tottenham could not progress, no matter how many goals they scored against Rovers but, after making nine changes to his starting line-up, Harry Redknapp will be pleased with the performance of his fringe players.
- She'll never catch up with them, no matter how hard she works.
- It doesn't matter, it's unimportant, it doesn't make any difference.
- It seems that Doug's coat has gone missing. Oh well no matter, we can always buy a new one, now can't we?
- "Did you fail your exam?" "Yes, but no matter. I'll just study harder next time."
- (irrespective of, in spite of): regardless