Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (UK) (file)
- (This entry is a translation hub.)
- How many times have I told you not to slam the door?
- How many keys we have lost!
- I told him how many days the principal said he skipped school.
- unspecified number
- We've lost quite a few; I don't know exactly how many.
- 1800, George Fox, A Journal Or Historical Account of the Life, Travels, Sufferings, Christian Exsperiences, and Labour of Love, in the work of the Ministry:
- And I saw how many were destroying the simplicity, and betraying the truth.
- 2004, John P. Sutton, Thin White Lines, page 233:
- Biff then stated, “Take how many you want, they're $700 a piece."
- 2012, Charlie Gardner, Rotten Timbers, →ISBN, page 143:
- I'll phone later and confirm how many I want.
- 2016, L. James Dempsey, Blackfoot War Art: Pictographs of the Reservation Period, 1880–2000:
- The sticks are now going around, and take how many you want.
- what number
- How many of you have full-time jobs?
- How many have we lost to disease?
- 2000, Glen C. Cutlip, How to Overcome Death: The Final Victory, →ISBN, page 61:
- The message itself is neither difficult nor simple, but how many will realize this?
- 2005, David B. Spangler, Math for Real Kids, →ISBN:
- You know how many are in one group and how many are in another group.
- 2010, Michael A. Curtis, Notes from My Journey, →ISBN, page 39:
- How many will say I want to be a good example for my children?
- 2011, Ian Angus, Simon Butler, Too Many People?, →ISBN:
- How many people Earth can support depends in part on how many will wear cotton and how many polyester; on how many will eat meat and how many bean sprouts; on how many will want parks and how many will want parking lots.
- “how many”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.