Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: non-determinism
non- + determinism
nondeterminism (countable and uncountable, plural nondeterminisms)
- (philosophy) The opposite of determinism: the doctrine that there are factors other than the state and immutable laws of the universe involved in the unfolding of events, such as free will.
- (computing) Dependence on factors other than initial state and input.
- Moving from a single-processor to a multi-processor system often exposes hidden nondeterminism due to invalid assumptions about scheduling.
- (computer science) The property of being nondeterministic, involving arbitrary choices; necessitating the choice between various indistinguishable possibilities.
- Projection of an automaton almost always results in nondeterminism.
dependence on other factors