- plural indefinite of offer
From Old Norse offra, from Latin offerre, from ob- (“against, facing”) and ferre, from Proto-Indo-European *bʰer- (“to bear, carry”).
ofre (imperative ofr, infinitive at ofre, present tense ofrer, past tense ofrede, perfect tense har ofret)
- sacrifice (to offer as a gift to a deity)
- indefinite plural of offer
From Old Norse offra and Latin offerre
ofre (imperative ofr or ofre, present tense ofrer, simple past and past participle ofra or ofret)
- to sacrifice (to offer as a gift to a deity)
- “ofre” in The Bokmål Dictionary.
ofre (present tense ofrar, past tense ofra, past participle ofra, passive infinitive ofrast, present participle ofrande, imperative ofre/ofr)
- Alternative form of ofra