Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: dévote
- To give one's time, focus one's efforts, commit oneself, etc. entirely for, on, or to a certain matter.
- They devoted their lives to following Jesus Christ.
- I devoted this afternoon to repainting my study, and nothing will get in my way.
- They devoted themselves unto all wickedness.
- a leafless and simple branch […] devoted to the purpose of climbing
- To consign over; to doom.
- to devote one to destruction
- The city was devoted to the flames.
- To execrate; to curse.
- Often used in the past participle form, which has become an adjective. See devoted.
to commit oneself for a certain matter
- inflected form of
- plural of