Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (computing) Of, or relating to a product which is licensed to permit modifications and redistribution of its source code, as per The Open Source Definition.
- Linux is an open-source operating system
- (transitive) To release the source code of.
- 2005, David Brickner, Test Driving Linux: From Windows to Linux in 60 Seconds:
- The big Unix company Sun Microsystems bought the code for StarOffice in 1999, and some time afterward they open-sourced as much of it as they could.