Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dated, fandom slang) A fan, particularly of science fiction, who watches and reads the genre but does not actively engage in fanac, or fan activity.
- c. 1944, Forrest J Ackerman, Fantasy Flanguage:
- Passifan: The "unawakened" Fan, interested now only in reading the magazines and books; not yet participating in any activities.
- 1948 December, J. Harmon, Thrilling Wonder Stories, volume 33, number 2:
- I learned that last phrase from a femme passifan Miss Marlene Maples.
- “passifan” in Jeff Prucher, editor, Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction, Oxford; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 2007, →ISBN, page 145.