Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Peers as a group; the nobility, aristocracy.
- The rank or title of a peer or peeress.
- 1905, Baroness Emmuska Orczy, chapter 2, in The Tremarn Case:
- “Two or three months more went by ; the public were eagerly awaiting the arrival of this semi-exotic claimant to an English peerage, and sensations, surpassing those of the Tichbourne case, were looked forward to with palpitating interest. […]”
- A book listing such people and their families.
the rank or title of a peer