Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Being enacted as it is said.
- An example of a performative utterance would be "I name this boat Alfred".
- Being done as a performance in order to create an impression.
- 2002, Anthony Kubiak, Agitated States: Performance in the American Theater of Cruelty, →ISBN:
- Keeping both American theater and its double within the sight lines, I would like to look at MPD as a pathology in which both both performativity and social performance are outstripped by a mise-en-scène that veers past the merely performative and dangerously close to theater itself, threatening to erase the differences in its very misappearance.
performative (plural performatives)
- inflected form of