petrosal (not comparable)
- Of great hardness; petrous.
- (anatomy) Of, pertaining to, or located near the petrous part of the temporal bone.
petrosal (plural petrosals)
- (anatomy) A petrosal bone.
- (anatomy) The auditory capsule.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Owen to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for petrosal in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)