Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Phillumenist
phillumenist (plural phillumenists)
- A person who collects match-related items, like matchbox labels, matchboxes, matchbooks, or matchbook covers.
- 1984, Hughes, Stephen, Pop Culture Mania: Collecting 20th-Century Americana for Fun and Profit, New York: McGraw-Hill, →ISBN, OL 9249899M, page 207:
- To be a real phillumenist, however, requires that one take his assorted books and "shuck" them, "press" them, and then categorize them according to subject, era, size, and maker.
- 2012 January 23, Jennifer Johnson, “Kit Nelson”, in Alcatraz, season 1, episode 3, spoken by Edwin James (Jonny Coyne), 30:10 from the start:
- This matchbox is a Swedish safety match from the Jönköping match factory. It's manufactured in 1858, just in time for the American Civil War. I like it very much. I guess that makes me something of a phillumenist.