Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Having a slope.
- a pitched roof
- (not comparable) Having a specified tonal range.
- a high-pitched scream.
- (of a battle, fight, etc) Fought at a particular place and time, at which opposing forces anticipate and commit to fighting; (later especially) involving sustained, intense (military or, by extension, political, legal, or other) fighting.
- a pitched battle; nowhere was the battle more pitched than in Ocean City, where protestors maintained a constant picket around city hall
- (not comparable) Covered in pitch.