Jump to navigation Jump to search
pivotal (comparative more pivotal, superlative most pivotal)
- Of, relating to, or being a pivot.
- Being of crucial importance; central, key.
- 2013 June 7, Joseph Stiglitz, “Globalisation is about taxes too”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 19:
- It is time the international community faced the reality: we have an unmanageable, unfair, distortionary global tax regime. It is a tax system that is pivotal in creating the increasing inequality that marks most advanced countries today […].
- 2021 January 13, “Packham initiates new petition opposing HS2”, in RAIL, issue 922, page 12:
- "Crucially, HS2 is already playing a pivotal role in helping Britain's post-pandemic economic recovery.
of, relating to, or being a pivot
being of crucial importance; central, key
pivotal m or f (plural pivotais)