Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (slang) Tired; exhausted.
- 2000, Jeff Alt, A Walk For Sunshine: A 2,160 Mile Expedition for Charity on the Appalachian Trail, page 138:
- Well, I've walked 35 miles since yesterday to get here, so I'm pooped
- (tired): See also Thesaurus:fatigued
- (nautical) Fitted or furnished with a poop.
- (nautical) Having had a wave come over the stern from abaft.
- 1886 October – 1887 January, H[enry] Rider Haggard, She: A History of Adventure, London: Longmans, Green, and Co., published 1887, →OCLC:
- Then - a shock of water, a wild rush of boiling foam, and I was clinging for my life to the shroud, ay, swept straight out from it like a flag in a gale. We were pooped. The wave passed. It seemed to me that I was under water for minutes - really it was seconds.