Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: post-humous
posthumous (not comparable)
- (originally) Born after the death of one's father.
- Posthumous orphans never even knew their fathers.
- After the death of someone.
- Taking place after one's own death.
- Artists obscure during their life often receive posthumous recognition, too late for them to enjoy.
- In reference to a work, published after the author's death.
- His memoirs were his posthumous revenge on enemies he dared not take on alive.
- 2012 April 17, Alex Macpherson, “Tupac's hologram reflects another milestone in his mythology”, in The Guardian:
- Eight posthumous albums have been released to date – two more than the man managed in his lifetime – often with conspiracy-baiting titles such as Still I Rise and Tupac Resurrection.
born after one's father's death
taking place after one's death
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked