Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
potentiality (plural potentialities)
- The quality of being, or having potential.
- An inherent capacity for growth or development.
- An aptitude amenable to development; capability.
- (philosophy) indeterminism
- In philosophy, potentiality and actuality are principles of a dichotomy which Aristotle used to analyze motion, causality, ethics, and physiology in his Physics, Metaphysics, Nicomachean Ethics and De Anima (which is about the human psyche).
- (physics) quantum indeterminacy