Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: poundcake
- (US) A dense yellow cake, the traditional recipe for which consists of equal quantities (nominally one pound) of butter, eggs, flour, and sugar.
- 1993, Ann Hodgman, Beat This! Cookbook, published 1999, page 166:
- But when I got to Anita Bryant′s pound cake, I stopped looking. Her recipe is my favorite so far. The cream isn′t quite authentic—real pound cakes are supposed to contain only butter, sugar, eggs and flour—but it does make the cake′s texture meltier.
- 2011, Lexi George, Demon Hunting in Dixie, page unnumbered:
- Satisfied her aunt had things under control, Addy put on the coffee and sliced and arranged the pound cake on a cookie sheet.
dense yellow cake made from equal quantities of butter, eggs, flour and sugar