Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: précondition
precondition (plural preconditions)
- A requirement which must be satisfied before taking a course of action.
- A marriage licence is a precondition for a wedding.
- (medicine, biology) To condition in advance
- 1996, C. Weinbrenner et al., “Loss of glycogen during preconditioning is not a prerequisite for protection of the rabbit heart”, in Basic Research in Cardiology, volume 91, number 5:
- The hearts were preconditioned by either ischemia or bradykinin or adenosine.