Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /pɹiːˈɹɛkwɪzɪt/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /pɹiˈɹɛkwəzət/, /pɹiˈɹɛkwɪzɪt/
prerequisite (not comparable)
- Required as a prior condition of something else; necessary or indispensable.
- The prerequisite warm-up to the match was ignored.
- See also Thesaurus:requisite
prerequisite (plural prerequisites)
- Something that is required as necessary or indispensable, or as a prior condition of something else.
- A degree is a prerequisite for entry into this profession.
- In education, a course or topic that must be completed before another course or topic can be started. May be colloquially referred to as a prereq.
- Algebra is typically a prerequisite for physics.
Something that must be gained in order to gain something else
In education, a course or topic that must be completed before another course or topic can be started