Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Essential, indispensable, required.
- Synonyms: necessary; see also Thesaurus:requisite
- Please submit the requisite papers before the end of the financial year.
- 1664, J[ohn] E[velyn], “Kalendarium Hortense: Or, The Gard’ners Almanac; […] [Introduction to the Kalendar.]”, in Sylva, or A Discourse of Forest-trees and the Propagation of Timber in His Majesties Dominions. […], London: […] Jo[hn] Martyn, and Ja[mes] Allestry, printers to the Royal Society, […], OCLC 926218248, page 56:
- [W]e endeavour to preſent our Gard'ners with a compleat Cycle of what is requiſite to be done throughout every Moneth of the Year: [...]
- 1961 July, “Editorial: Sir Brian begs the questions”, in Trains Illustrated, page 386:
- On the other hand, there will be widespread agreement with Sir Brian's belief that, when a British main line has been completely dieselised and the schedules have been recast to suit the new traction, much higher daily mileages than 350 are not only possible but requisite, at least in the early stages of dieselisation.
requisite (plural requisites)