Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A formal request for something.
- A formal demand made by one state or government upon another for the surrender or extradition of a fugitive from justice.
- (law) A notarial demand for repayment of a debt.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wharton to this entry?)
- (military) A demand by the invader upon the people of an invaded country for supplies, as of provision, forage, transportation, etc.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Farrow to this entry?)
- A formal application by one officer to another for things needed in the public service.
- a requisition for clothing, troops, or money
- That which is required by authority; especially, a quota of supplies or necessaries.
- A call; an invitation; a summons.
- a requisition for a public meeting
A formal request for something
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked