Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act or process of acquiring.
- The acquisition of sports equipment can be fun in itself.
- The thing acquired or gained; a gain.
- That graphite tennis racquet is quite an acquisition.
- (computing) The process of sampling signals that measure real world physical conditions and converting these signals into digital numeric values that can be manipulated by a computer.
act or process of acquiring
thing acquired or gained; an acquirement; a gain
- acquisition at OneLook Dictionary Search
- acquisition in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
acquisition f (plural acquisitions)