See also: préparative
- That serves to prepare something
- preparative chromatography
- preliminary or preparatory
- preparative discussions
preparative (plural preparatives)
- Something to be done in preparation; a preliminary
- Necessary preparatives for our voyage.
- A preparative unto sermons.
- Herman Melville
- All wars are boyish, and are fought by boys, / The champions and enthusiasts of the state: / Turbid ardors and vain joys / Not barrenly abate— / Stimulants to the power mature, / Preparatives of fate.
- Feminine plural form of preparativo