Jump to navigation Jump to search
prompter (plural prompters)
- (theater) The person who does the prompting.
- 1837, L[etitia] E[lizabeth] L[andon], Ethel Churchill: Or, The Two Brides. […], volume II, London: Henry Colburn, […], OCLC 21345056, page 79:
- The loud ringing of the prompter's bell made her spring suddenly away; and two of his companions, each taking an arm, hurried him away also. How glad would he have been to have left the party: his thoughts were in a tumult; duties and inclinations warred together—nay, his very sense of right was confounded.
person in a theater
prompter m inan
- prompter in Wielki słownik języka polskiego, Instytut Języka Polskiego PAN
- prompter in Polish dictionaries at PWN
prompter n (plural promptere)
Declension of prompter