Jump to navigation Jump to search
prothonotary (plural prothonotaries)
- A chief clerk of one of various courts of law.
- Can I not sin, but thou wilt be / My private prothonotary?
- The chief secretary of the patriarch of Constantinople.
- One who had the charge of writing the acts of the martyrs, and the circumstances of their death.
- One of twelve persons, constituting a college in the Roman Curia, whose office is to register pontifical acts and to make and preserve the official record of beatifications.