Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To place inside.
- Just put in the key for the ignition and turn it.
- (intransitive) To apply, request, or submit.
- I'm going to the bank to put in for a transfer.
- (transitive) To contribute.
- I put in an extra hour at work today.
- Despite his success, the comedian liked to put in appearances at some of the smaller venues.
- (intransitive) To call at, arrive at, or enter a place (e.g., to enter a harbor or port)
- The ship puts in to port today.
to place inside