Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: rail car
railcar (plural railcars)
- (rail transport) A self-propelled railway vehicle for passengers, similar to a bus.
- Synonym: railbus
- 1941 October, “Notes and News: Great Western Parcels Railcar”, in Railway Magazine, page 474:
- The semi-streamlined contour of the earlier G.W.R. railcars has been given up in favour of a more utilitarian blunt-nose end, and effective floor space gained thereby.
- (rail transport) A powered single railway vehicle designed for passenger transport, with a driver's cab in both ends; Not to be confused with motor coach/motorcar, which is a powered railway vehicle capable to haul a train.
- (Only in Canada and US) Any unpowered railway vehicle
- Synonym: railroad car
self-propelled railway vehicle similar to a bus
powered single railway vehicle with driver's cab at both ends
railroad car — see railroad car