rain on one's parade
- (idiomatic) To spoil someone's celebration.
- 2012 January 31, “Shah Rukh Khan, Shirish Kunder's drama ends”, in Times of India, Bollywood:
- Sanju Baba, we learn, is rather miffed at the way Kunder rained on his parade and took away the spotlight from Agneepath's success.
- 2012 February 22, “European Stocks Fall on Worse-Than-Expected PMI Data; TUI Drops”, in Bloomberg Business Week:
- “Given that Europe is still shrouded by the cloud of recession, a weak PMI -- though not rain on the parade -- will surely damp investor sentiment,” said Manish Singh, the London-based head of investment at Crossbridge Capital