Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: célébration
celebration (plural celebrations)
- The formal performance of a solemn rite, such as Christian sacrament
- The observance of a holiday or feast day, as by solemnities
- The act, process of showing appreciation, gratitude and/or remembrance, notably as a social event.
- A social gathering for entertainment and fun; a party.
formal performance of a solemn rite
act or process of showing gratitude, appreciation or remembrance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.