Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: əb-zûrʹvəns, IPA(key): /əbˈzɝvəns/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əbˈzɜːvəns/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ob‧ser‧vance
- The practice of complying with a law, custom, command or rule.
- The custom of celebrating a holiday or similar occasion.
- Observation or the act of watching.
- (religion) A rule governing a religious order, especially in the Roman Catholic church.
- That which is to be observed.
- Reverence; homage.
practice of complying
the custom of celebrating a holiday
observation or the act of watching
(religion) a rule governing a religious order, especially in the Roman Catholic church
observance f (plural observances)