Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (obsolete) A rite or ceremony. [17th-18th c.]
- (uncountable) Fame, renown; the state of being famous or talked-about. [from 17th c.]
- A person who has a high degree of recognition by the general population for his or her success or accomplishments; a famous person. [from 19th c.]
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- celebrity at OneLook Dictionary Search
- celebrity in Keywords for Today: A 21st Century Vocabulary, edited by The Keywords Project, Colin MacCabe, Holly Yanacek, 2018.
- celebrity in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
celebrity m (plural celebritys)