Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Someone of high rank, reputation or social status.
- The quality or state of being eminent.
- Prominence in a particular order or accumulation; esteem.
- (geology) An elevated land area or a hill.
1817, Walter Scott, Rob Roy:
- From the summit of an eminence I had already had a distant view of Osbaldistone Hall, a large and antiquated edifice, peeping out from a Druidical grove of huge oaks [...].
- (anatomy) A protuberance.
- (uncountable) A dark purple color.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:eminence.
- (someone of high rank, reputation or social status): obscurity
- (the quality or state of being eminent): mediocrity
an elevated land area or a hill
the quality or state of being eminent
(geology) an elevated land area or a hill.