Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|name; (measure word for persons); place (e.g. among winners)||man; person; people|
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): ming4 jan4
- Hakka (Pha̍k-fa-sṳ): miàng-ngìn
- Min Nan (POJ): bêng-jîn
- Min Nan
- a well-known person; a celebrity
|Kanji in this term|
- (historical) a title held by the strongest go player in Japan
- a Japanese go tournament, and the title conferred to its winner
- a Japanese shogi tournament, and the title conferred to its winner
- 2002, Ineko Kondō; Fumi Takano; Mary E Althaus; et. al., Shogakukan Progressive Japanese-English Dictionary, Third Edition, Tokyo: Shōgakukan, ISBN 4095102535.