name; fame; to describe; place
|man; person; people|
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): ming4 jan4
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): miàng-ngìn
- Min Nan (POJ): bêng-lîn / bêng-jîn
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou, Taipei, Xiamen)
- (Hokkien: Kaohsiung, Zhangzhou)
|Kanji in this term|
- (historical) a title held by the strongest go player in Japan
- a Japanese go tournament, and the title conferred to its winner
- a Japanese shogi tournament, and the title conferred to its winner
- 2002, Ineko Kondō; Fumi Takano; Mary E Althaus; et. al., Shogakukan Progressive Japanese-English Dictionary, Third Edition, Tokyo: Shōgakukan, →ISBN.