Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: renig
Originally a misspelling of renege (sometimes as a deliberate racist pun when referring to rehiring black people), this version has passed into accepted usage.
- Alternative form of
- 2010, Terron Sims, With Honor in Hand, →ISBN, page 107:
- I hope that you are not calling to re-nig on my contract.
- 2011, L. T. "Cashmere" Myers, Destiny's Heart, →ISBN, page 186:
- She knew she had thought out loud by accident, but it was too late to re-nig on her comment.
- 2011, Billy R. Wood, Lords of Darkness, →ISBN, page 49:
- I'm trying to manage all of the aviation quotas for flight school by myself and then out of the blude USAABAR calls and says 'John, we're going to have to re-nig on our commitment to come out. We're having trouble in Europe and we can't furnish anybody for you.'