Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (often plural) A ranking of music (songs, albums etc) according to popularity during a given period of time.
- 1975, June 2, (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- His 1952 Blue Tango, featuring 50 violins, became the first instrumental to top the record charts.
- 1985, November 11, Business Notes Entertainment:
- An album of songs culled from the program has made a high-speed chase up the record charts, selling more than 3 million copies in a month.
- 2004, August 26, “Bill Virgin”, in Radio Beat: Record charts and countdowns are dusty, but not dead yet[Seattle Post-Intelligencer]:
- The record chart and the No. 1 song have lost some of their stature in radio, a development lamented in a column last year by Sean Ross, vice president of music and programming at Edison Media Research.
Ranking of music by popularity