Jump to navigation Jump to search
recordist (plural recordists)
- Someone who makes sound recordings.
- Someone who plays a recorder.
- 1954, Kansas Music Review - Volumes 16-18, page 23:
- Audio Devices, Inc., announce two prize contests, one for Home Recordists, and the other for Church Recordists.
- 1960, The American Recorder - Volumes 1-2, page 19:
- A Concert for Three Recordists by Matthew Locke was the program piece.
- 1961, Watkins Shaw, Music in the Secondary School, page 71:
- The more our young recordists can be encouraged to play among themselves in groups with and without piano accompaniment, in their own homes, the better.
- 1981, Arthur Cohn, Recorded Classical Music:
- For that matter Somary doesn't lack name performers: John Wilbraham is the trumpet soloist and one of the recordists is David Munrow.
- recorderist (someone who plays a recorder)