Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
recordist (plural recordists)
- Someone who makes sound recordings.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Someone who plays a recorder.
1954, Kansas Music Review - Volumes 16-18, page 23:
- Audio Devices, Inc., announce two prize contests, one for Home Recordists, and the other for Church Recordists.
1960, The American Recorder - Volumes 1-2, page 19:
- A Concert for Three Recordists by Matthew Locke was the program piece.
1961, Watkins Shaw, Music in the Secondary School, page 71:
- The more our young recordists can be encouraged to play among themselves in groups with and without piano accompaniment, in their own homes, the better.
1981, Arthur Cohn, Recorded Classical Music:
- For that matter Somary doesn't lack name performers: John Wilbraham is the trumpet soloist and one of the recordists is David Munrow.
- recorderist (someone who plays a recorder)