referendary (plural referendaries)
- (obsolete) One to whose decision a cause is referred; a referee.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bacon to this entry?)
- (obsolete) An officer who delivered the royal answer to petitions.
- Referendaries, or masters of request. — Harmar.
- (obsolete) An officer of state charged with the duty of procuring and dispatching diplomas and decrees.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.