Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈfɝəl/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈfɜːɹəl/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜːɹəl
- The act or process of transferring someone or something to another, of sending by reference, or referring.
- The insurance company insists I get a referral from my regular doctor. I can't just go to the specialist; a GP has got to refer me.
- (slang) A document used by schools detailing some form of a student's misbehavior and listing the actions taken before and after the student's receipt of the referral.
- After misbehaving in class, George was given a referral for disrupting class and sent to the office.
act or process of transferring