Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌkɒnsl̩ˈteɪʃən/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌkɑnsl̩ˈteɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation: con‧sul‧ta‧tion
- The act of consulting.
- 2011 October 20, Michael da Silva, “Stoke 3 - 0 Macc Tel-Aviv”, in BBC Sport:
- Riled by a decision that went against him, Ziv kicked his displaced boot at the assistant referee and, after a short consultation between the officials, he was given his marching orders and the loudest cheer of the night.
- A conference for the exchange of information and advice.
- 1974 April 6, Linda Thurston, “U.S. Civil Rights Conference--Heterosexuals Only”, in Gay Community News, page 3:
- Last month I went to a "consultation" on racism and sexism sponsored by the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. It was the first of a series of five conferences designed to bring people together fighting racism and sexiam [sic] to discuss […]
- An appointment or meeting with a professional person, such as a doctor.
act of consulting
consultation f (plural consultations)