Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An approach to spirituality that is devoid of supernaturalism and supernaturalist assumptions.
- 1846, The American Whig Review, page 282:
- there maybe an attempt to disguise the transition under a transcendental pantheism or what may be more appropriate be described as a seeming religious naturalism.
- 1940, Edgar S. Brightman, God as the Tendency of Nature to Support or Produce Values: Religious Naturalism (page 283)
- 1991, Jerome A. Stone, The Minimalist Vision of Transcendence, page 9:
- The purpose of this book is to explore the possibility of this alternative, to sketch a philosophy of religious naturalism.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:religious naturalism.