Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A state of nature; conformity to nature.
- The doctrine that denies a supernatural agency in the miracles and revelations recorded in religious texts and in spiritual influences.
- (philosophy) Any system of philosophy which refers the phenomena of nature as a blind force or forces acting necessarily or according to fixed laws, excluding origination or direction by a will.
- (philosophy) A doctrine which denies a strong separation between scientific and philosophic methodologies and/or topics
- (art) A movement in theatre, film, and literature that seeks to replicate a believable everyday reality, as opposed to such movements as Romanticism or Surrealism, in which subjects may receive highly symbolic, idealistic, or even supernatural treatment.
- (nonstandard) naturism, nudism, social nudity.(Can we verify(+) this sense?)
- Referring to nudism as naturalism is often considered an error, since the term used to describe the life philosophy involving clothes-free living is known as naturism ( source).
a state of nature; conformity to nature
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked