Jump to navigation Jump to search
retrospect (plural retrospects)
- Consideration of past times.
- 1853, Charlotte Bronte, "Villette":
- 1976, Terry Kay, The Year the Lights Came On, 1989 University of Georgia Press edition, →ISBN, page 298:
- Whether, like Colin, in retrospect Willie Lee and Baptist would feel that what has vanished was greater than what was achieved, is not something we can predict.
- Antonym: prospect
consideration of past times
- To look or refer back to; to reflect on.
- 1800: Alexander Hamilton, Letter from Alexander Hamilton, Concerning the Public Conduct and Character of John Adams, Esq. President of the United States - To give a correct idea of the circumstances.., it may be useful to retrospect to an early period.