Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The process of altering the relative value of a currency or other standard of exchange.
- After the new party took power, the government declared a revaluation of the currency in an attempt to limit runaway inflation.
- A reassessment of the value or worth of something; a reappraisal or reevaluation.
- After the soldiers raided her farm for supplies, she was forced to a revaluation of their benefit as protectors.
- 1973, Philippa Foot, “Nietzsche: The Revaluation of Values” in Nietzsche: A Collection of Critical Essays, edited by Robert C. Solomon, Garden City, New York: Anchor Books, →ISBN, page 162:
- It is, then, for the sake of the “higher” man that the values of Christian morality must be abandoned, and it is from this perspective that the revaluation of values takes place.
- ibidem, page 167:
- The conclusion of this discussion must be that Nietzsche’s “revaluation of values” is a most complex matter, and there is no single answer to the question as to what he was attacking or as to what the basis might be for the attack.
process of altering the relative value of a currency
reassessment of the value of something