Jump to navigation Jump to search
- reverbation (rare)
- A violent oscillation or vibration.
- The discomfort caused by the bat's reverberation surprised Tommy.
- An echo, or a series of overlapping echoes.
- The reverberation that followed Marilyn's shout filled the cavern.
- The reflection of light or heat; a reflection in, or as though in, a mirror.
- Like the several reverberations of the same image from two opposite looking glasses.
- (chiefly in the plural) An evolving series of effects resulting from a particular event; a repercussion.
- Reverberations from the Vietnam war affect our society to this day.
violent oscillation or vibration
echo, or a series of overlapping echos
reflection of light or heat
evolving series of effects