Jump to navigation Jump to search
rise up (third-person singular simple present rises up, present participle rising up, simple past rose up, past participle risen up)
- To ascend to the surface.
- To mount a rebellion or insurgency; to rebel; to revolt.
- 2008, BioWare, Mass Effect (Science Fiction), Redwood City: Electronic Arts, →ISBN, →OCLC, PC, scene: Citadel:
- Captain Anderson: Shepard's right. We're headed for war with the Reapers. If we lose, it's the end of all life as we know it. And no other species in the galaxy truly understands what it will take to survive.
Captain Anderson: The other races have to follow our lead. We need to take control. It's time for humanity to rise up and seize its destiny!
- (of a horse etc) To rear.
to ascend to the surface